Edmonton Opera is looking for someone with a passion for marketing and a strong appreciation for the arts.
Position has been filled! Thank you for your interest.
The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the rest of our team and will be instrumental in helping Edmonton Opera build its brand, attract new audiences, and deepen its relationship with the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- provide support to the community relations department through various activities and cross promotion with other arts organizations
- support various marketing and development activities
- assist with organizing and coordinating all advertising campaigns
- maintain EO’s presence at various community partners as required and distribute materials •assist with creation and implementation on EO’s marketing plan and strategies
- assist in creation of all marketing promotional materials and signage
- organize group sales, corporate sales and special offers to community partners
- maintain a master calendar of all marketing activities
- in collaboration with other departments, assist in creating event ticket sales initiatives
- assist in raising awareness of community programs and groups
- assist Senior Marketing Manager with administrative tasks •participate and be available for all EO productions and events on site
- other related duties and responsibilities as required
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: Excellent communication skills are required. Must have a thorough understanding and ability to use Window Microsoft Office Suite. This position involves basic use with Tessitura and training will be provided. Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills are needed. Some evening and weekend work required.
A post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, arts administration or a related field is considered an asset but not required.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS: Applicant must be able to work some evenings and weekends, acting as an EO representative at performances and assisting with event requirements. Proven ability to work under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines and make effective decisions. Flexible schedule, self-motivated and a team player. Appreciation for the performing arts is essential. Part-time access to a vehicle is required.
BENEFITS: Health benefits package pending upon completion of probationary period.
RELEVANT DATES: Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances and special events. This position is a replacement for an employee away on maternity leave, and ends in February 2017.
Please direct inquires and forward a cover letter, resume and references to:
Senior Manager, Marketing
15230 128 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5V 1A8
Email: [email protected]
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.