Passionate about Communications? Appreciative of the Arts?
POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST.
The Communications & Community Engagement Coordinator will work closely with the rest of the Edmonton Opera team and will be instrumental in deepening Edmonton Opera’s impact within our community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop compelling written content for a variety of media in collaboration with other departments,
- Engage the community via our social media channels and liaise with influencers,
- Provide media relations support as required and prepare written communications and press release,
- Work with our publisher on production of our quarterly Intermezzo magazine (house program),
- Write feature articles for opera programs,
- Ensure that Edmonton Opera’s website and app remain up to date,
- Publish e‐newsletters using targeted lists from our Tessitura Database,
- Maintain archives of media and publications,
- Assist with internal mail‐outs and administrative tasks,
- Write education guides for each opera,
- Photo/video capture interviews and events,
- Assist when necessary with grant writing, reporting and foundation applications,
- Write speeches and briefing notes,
- Collaborate with other departments in organizing community engagement events,
- Other duties as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must have a thorough understanding and ability to use Window Microsoft Office Suite. This position involves working with Tessitura, Drupal and Wordfly, and training will be provided. Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills are needed. Some evening and weekend work required, and occasional monitoring of social media channels.
A postsecondary degree or diploma in the humanities, communications, journalism, public relations, arts management or a related field.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
Applicant must be able to work some evenings and weekends, acting as an EO representative at performances and assisting with event requirements. Proven ability to work under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines and make effective decisions. Flexible schedule, selfmotivated and a team player. Appreciation for the performing arts is essential.
Health benefits package pending upon completion of probationary period.
Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday through Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances and special events.
Please direct inquires and forward a cover letter, resume and references to:
Senior Manager, Marketing
15230 128 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5V 1A8
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest but only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted.