Bilingual Administrative Director needed for L’UniThéâtre!
L’UNITHÉÂTRE is a non-profit arts organization based in Edmonton. We are entering our 24th season as the only professional French language theatre company in Alberta. We are devoted to creating, producing and disseminating professional French language theatre for local, provincial and national audiences. Our mission and mandate are to “create and produce theatrical work that reflects, engages and inspires and which challenges an ever evolving community, also dedicated to providing theatre experiences for young people and and devoted and passionate community members.
DEADLINE: March 15th, 2016
JOB DESCRIPTION: Administrative Director
Position Profile: Reporting to the Board of Directors and working closely with the Artistic Director and support staff, the Administrative Director is responsible for the administrative, financial and marketing management of the company.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Administrative Director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the company
- In conjunction with the Board and Artistic Director, developing and executing a multi-year strategic plan for the operation of the company
- Developing and overseeing the annual operating budget, project budgets as well as managing the company’s financial operations
- Overseeing fund development and raising funds from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Articulating the company’s mission, vision, values in work clearly in all communications including written and verbal
- Applying for grants and administering those grants
- Completing funding reports and other external communication as required
- Planning and implementing company and production-related marketing and promotion • Supervising the Box Office and Front of House with the assistance support staff
- Negotiating with and contracting associate producers and other self-employed personnel
- Hiring and supervising part-time, full-time and seasonal employees with the Artistic Director
- Networking in the arts, culture and educational fields to promote and develop the company
- Recruiting, training, supervising un-paid staff including volunteers
- Managing the company’s production activities
QUALIFICATIONS: The ideal candidate will be independent, resourceful, and passionate about theatre and possess the following skills:
- Must be bilingual (French/English)
- Possess fluent (proficient)bilingual writing and oral skills
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- At least 5 years of increasing responsibility in a similar field
- Certification in arts administration or commensurate experience
- Strong management experience in theatre office systems, budgeting, finance and marketing
- Ability to manage multiple personalities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
- Familiarity with the Edmonton and Canadian performing arts community
- Ability to work collaboratively, but also to multi-task and work independently without supervision
Start date: May 2, 2016
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
C/O Brian Dooley
All qualified candidates will be considered.
REMUNERATION: Negotiable depending on experience.
DEADLINE: March 15th, 2016