IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists – June 21-25, 2016
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: THEATRE ARTISTS / PROJECTS / SCRIPTS
Emerging Theatre Artists are encouraged to submit to IGNITE! Festival of Emerging Artists. There are 5 components open to theatre artists:
- Theatre Arts – Accepting project proposals and scripts as part of the Theatre program series, as well as looking for individual emerging theatre artists to work on productions.
- Cabaret – A series of multi-disciplinary cabarets/performance parties that showcase emerging artists of all disciplines including theatre artists.
- Site-Specific Performance – Creating new work in unusual spaces with mentorship by Swallow-a-Bicycle Theatre.
- Interdisciplinary – For theatre artists who would like to be paired with an artist from a different discipline to create an 8-12 minute new creation that will be performed on the IGNITE! main stage.
- Improv – Emerging improv troupes interested in developing their own format.
For full program details and submission information visit our website.
Deadline: February 17: *While February 17 is our application deadline, we view the submission process as a conversation. The earlier you submit, the better conversation we can have!
About the Ignite! Festival of Emerging Artists: IGNITE! is a festival dedicated to supporting, mentoring and presenting emerging artists of all disciplines. IGNITE! allows artists to embrace risks in a supportive environment while providing resources, a bridge to the professional arts community, and meaningful opportunities for collaboration and community building with their peers.
Who can apply? The IGNITE! Festival Theatre Series is geared towards emerging theatre artists, non-union under the age of 30, who are pursuing a professional career in theatre.