Good Women Dance Society seeks an Emerging Choreographer to create a new work to be presented in Dancefest at Nextfest 2016.
Dancefest is geared towards emerging choreographers and movement artists under the age of 30 who are pursuing a professional career in dance. The choreographer will be working with a group of interpreters from Victoria School for the Arts to create a new movement piece.
- Rehearsals will run 2 hrs weekly for eight weeks between March and June 2016. (exact dates TBD)
- Studio space will be provided at Victoria School for the Performing Arts.
- Choreography will include dancers who are available on the week day that you select for rehearsal 3:30pm-5:30pm.
- Artistic mentorship and guidance will be available to you from the Good Women Artists – our attendance at several of your rehearsals will be expected.
- Your availability prior to the festival will be necessary for light design, tech and dress rehearsal. (exact dates TBA, likely between May 23 and June 1, 2016)
To apply as a choreographer for Dancefest at Nextfest 2016, please send the following information to [email protected]:
- Statement of interest (why you would like to create new work to be mentored and presented at Nextfest)
- Choreographer’s CV
- Link to online video documentation (this can include ideas for this new work, or documentation of a previous work.) Please send a video link; do not send a hard copy.
- Any further ideas about your musings for choreography (we would like to know about your choreographic style and inspirations.)
For more information, please visit our website.
Deadline: February 1, 2016 at midnight
Please send all submissions electronically to: [email protected].