Recognize and celebrate the many contributions teachers and principals make to student learning!
Since 1989, the Excellence in Teaching Awards has provided students, parents, colleagues and community members with the opportunity to nominate outstanding teachers and principals for recognition. More than 10,000 nominations have been submitted and more than 500 educators have received awards since the program started.
Nominees must, at the time of nomination:
- hold an Alberta permanent professional teaching certificate,
- teach or support the teaching of programs of study and education programs authorized by the School Act during the current school year, and
work directly with students in a school setting on a daily basis (may be a principal or other certificated staff member).
Restrictions, at the time of nomination:
- only one nomination per certificated teacher is accepted,
- previous Excellence in Teaching Award recipients and SMART Technologies Innovative Use of Technology Award recipients are not eligible,
- teachers must be nominated individually; teacher teams are not eligible, and
- any teacher or principal who was selected as a semi-finalist in 2013, 2014 or 2015 is not eligible for nomination in 2016.
Deadline to Nominate: March 4, 2016
For more information, please visit the website.