Auditions in Calgary for Fort Steele Summer Theatre 2016, Fort Steele, BC! Performers, Stage Managers and Accompanists Required.
Fort Steele Heritage Town is holding auditions for a summer performance contract on February 28, 2016 from 4-7pm in Calgary, AB. (Auditions will also be held in Fort Steele, BC on March 5th, 2016.)
- Performers cast will be in a mainstage musical to be presented in the theatre, as well as street theatre scenes presented around the town to run throughout the summer season.
- Stage Managers will be required to do some small acting parts as part of street theatre scenes, but will not be required to sing or perform on stage.
- Accompanists will be required to accompany the musical live in the theatre, accompany performers live around town in the street theatre daily and do some small acting parts in the street theatre performances. You must be comfortable interacting with other performers and guests.
- Contract begins May 22, 2016 and ends September 5, 2016.
- Accommodation is provided for out of town performers.
- This is a paid contract.
Audition Requirements and Information:
- Auditions will be held on February 28, 2016 between 4-7pm at the new Evergreen Spaces.
- Performers will be given 10 minute time-slots. If you have a preferred time, please include it in your submission.
- Please provide a current resume and headshot at time of audition.
- Performers are asked to prepare a short monologue and may also be asked to do a cold read. Please also prepare one song that shows your vocal range.
- Candidates will be taught a short bit of choreography during the audition so please come dressed in something you can easily move in.
- Accompaniment will not be provided for performers so please bring a sound recording to sing to. (I-pod docking station will be available, if you require another form of music player please provide it yourself)
Stage Managers: If you are interested in a stage management position please send in a resume and we can discuss what is required.
Accompanists: You will be required to play a piece of music from the era (1890’s), and may be asked to improvise as well. You can prepare a monologue or if you prefer we can give you a script to read from. Please indicate preference on your submission.
Those wishing to audition are asked to email Truus Verkley at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a headshot, resume and preferred audition time. If you are not able to attend the auditions but would still like to be considered for the 2016 season, please email the above address for video submission details.
About Fort Steele: Located 15 minutes from Cranbrook and Kimberley, BC, Fort Steele is a living history museum. We bring our past back to life! Our summer season brings history to life with street theatre, museum displays, livestock demonstrations, live theatre shows, steam train rides, horse-drawn wagon rides, and heritage trades demonstrations.
Please visit www.fortsteele.ca for more information on the town.