Registration Now Open! The Pumphouse Theatre & the ADFA is pleased to be presenting the 2016 Calgary Region One Act Play Festival!
Registration is now open for 12 spots on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Festival will be held March 16 – 19, 2016. One play is chosen by a professional adjudicator to represent Calgary at the Provincial One Act Festival. Each of those chosen plays receives traveling expenses or a grant to assist in funding their participation in the Provincial Festival.
- All registrations must be submitted in person with a completed registration form and a $60 non-refundable registration fee.
- The performing group is responsible for royalty payments. A letter confirming permission from the publisher or playwright must be included.
- A clean copy of the script must be included. Photocopies will only be accepted for an original script.
- Make cheques payable to the Pumphouse Theatres Society.
- Participants who are members of CAEA, ACTRA, or IATSE are not eligible to participate in their professional vocation.
- Plays must be one act in length. Performances between 10 and 60 minutes. No excerpts.
- Each group is responsible for supplying its own technicians for stage management and light and sound operation. We can provide training to operators.
- Each show must be set up in 10 minutes and struck in 5 minutes.
- Casts shall be predominantly adult and from CALGARY.
Awards & prizes presented for: Outstanding Production, Outstanding Director, Outstanding Female/Male Actor, Outstanding Technical Merit, and Outstanding Original Script!
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN for the Calgary Region One Act Play Festival at the Pumphouse Theatre (2140 Pumphouse Ave SW)!
For more information please call or email: (403) 263-0079, ext 100, [email protected]. Registration will close when all slots are filled or by February 1st, 2016.