Join an exciting Organization making a difference in Theatre
StoryBook Theatre, Canada’s largest volunteer driven Theatre for Young Audiences, is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual for the unique opportunity to join our administration team.
Our Arts Administrator Intern will have the opportunity to get behind the scenes of an operating theatre and support the administration that comes along with our season of 10 diverse shows. You will assist on a variety projects such as digital filing and social media management to administration support such as preparing scripts and scores to exposure to selling tickets to our loyal patrons.
We are looking for someone who has:
· strong administration, organization, and customer service skills
· patience and works well under pressure
· ability to prioritize your work to correspond to production deadlines
You are qualified for this position if you have:
· High School Diploma
· Post-secondary education in arts administration is considered an asset
· Previous experience working in a theatre
· Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
· Advanced Online skills using software applications such as Dropbox, Trello, Facebook, and Twitter
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suites is considered an asset
This role will work on average approximately 30 hours per week with a majority of the time spent working evenings and on weekends.
The role will start on Nov.1, 2015 and end on June 30th, 2016.
This is a contract position and the successful candidate will be paid $12/hr.
Posting Closes January 15, 2016
Those interested in applying for this position should submit an application using the online form found here: http://www.storybooktheatre.org/#!jobapplication/c1ueg