Theatre of Consequence is Thrilled to Announce the Commencement of Auditions for their Inaugural Season.
Auditions will be held on Saturday, January 9, 2016 at the Morpheus Rehearsal Center (3512 5th Ave NW). Brilliant Traces from 4PM-7PM, The Monument from 7PM-10PM.
Theatre of Consequence’s Mandate: To contribute a rich storytelling aesthetic to the community of Calgary, offering a full sensory experience that truthfully engages all facets of our humanity, and in particular an exploration of life that results from change.
The Monument by Colleen Wagner:
- Directed by Conrad Belau.
- Rehearsals will start at the end of April.
- Show runs from June 15-18, 2016 at the Motel Space in Arts Commons.
- Synopsis: In the aftermath of a war, it is not usually difficult to tell who has been the oppressed and who the oppressor. This should be obvious in the case of Stetko and Mejra, but lines blur and they both find themselves capable of things they never imagined. The Monument highlights the diverse nature of power and control and the ambiguities of morality and justice.
- Auditioning the role of: Stetko (1825) Angry, confused and uncaring, he is on death row for crimes against humanity. Until he is saved by a strange woman who shackles him and demands answers to questions he is scared to know the answers to. Please prepare a 60 second dramatic monologue. You will be sent some scenes that we will work as well.
Brilliant Traces by Cindy Lou Johnson:
- Directed by Barrett Hileman.
- Rehearsals will start end of June.
- Show runs from August 24-27, 2016 at the Motel Space in Arts Commons.
- Synopsis: Besides working in the oil patch, Henry Harry has completely isolated himself in a remote cabin in Alaska. He does not like interacting with people. When Rosannah DeLuce bursts into his life one night during a snowstorm, he does not know how to handle it. Both are running from something, both are broken and alone. Can two lost souls accept the connection and help each other heal?
- Auditioning the role of: Henry Harry (25-35) A rugged man damaged by circumstance, Henry Harry has retreated from living, preferring isolation to human interaction. Please prepare a 60 second dramatic monologue.
- Auditionees may also be asked to cold read.
Actors for both shows will receive an honorarium.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the show you wish to audition for in the subject line. Further audition information will be sent at that time.
Please respond by January 8th, 2016.