Arts Executive Wanted at Theatre Calgary!
Theatre Calgary is searching for an arts executive who is ready to lead the highest strategic marketing and audience development priorities of one of Canada’s largest and most successful theatre companies.
The Director of Marketing and Audience Development will have primary responsibility for developing and implementing the local and national marketing strategies, building awareness and growing audiences for the theatre’s content, events, philanthropy and programming. Leading a small but professional staff in marketing and audience services, the Director of Marketing and Audience Development plays the leading role in the Theatre’s strategic audience development, marketing and advertising initiatives which currently include management of an in-house customer relationship management software and systems (Tessitura), identification of and engagement with new audiences, analysis of pricing and engagement strategies, creation and oversight of design strategy, branding, executive budget creation and analysis, and more.
This role will focus on building long-term strategies and initiatives, driving engagement, sales, and growth results, supporting overall objectives for the Theatre in keeping with specific marketing objectives to maximize revenue. The Director will also be responsible for the development of strategies that will ensure customer satisfaction and maximize business performance and profitability.
The role includes the following in terms of specific accountability:
- Design , monitor, evaluate and oversee the implementation of effective strategies that grow and sustain earned revenue in a way that promotes audience engagement and strengthens impact;
- Build awareness, grow reputation and oversee the overall marketing effectiveness of multiple projects operating simultaneously, including local and national productions and projects;
- Cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences and key influencers in media, advertising and community development;
- Collaborate with the senior team to develop a forward-moving strategy targeted at improving overall patron and subscriber experience and growing new audiences;
- Support programming and development to achieve revenue targets through marketing strategies and creation of innovative support strategies;
- Develop, implement and analyze successful audience development and sales campaigns that are optimized across multiple platforms;
- Oversee print-material strategy, production and distribution, advertising and media-sponsorship opportunities, and digital initiatives;
- Work closely with the Director of Communications to grow audiences within digital strategies to new and innovative ways to reach audiences and maximize brand awareness while preserving brand integrity;
- Build and project a professional image for Theatre Calgary by maintaining good communications with members, key stakeholders and existing and prospective advertisers, and by creating and nurturing strategic relationships with other professional groups, associations, cultural institutions and businesses.
The Director of Marketing and Audience Development is a full-time permanent position, is a member of the senior leadership team and reports to the executive leadership of the Executive Director and Artistic Director. The Director of Marketing and Audience Development has a team of 5 full-time and 2 part-time staff in addition to having responsibility for contract design services.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, January 4th, 2016. Please download the full job posting for the position qualifications and submission details from the website.