Million Dollar Quartet, directed by Ted Dykstra, is a production of the Citadel Theatre, Shoctor Stage, Edmonton.
“MIILION DOLLAR QUARTET” is the Tony Award winning Broadway musical inspired by the true story of the famed recording session where Sam Phillips, the “Father of Rock’n’Roll” brought together icons Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley for one unforgettable jam session.
Rehearsal starts: September 26, 2016
Previews: October 22, 2016
Opens: October 27,2016
Closes: November 13th with holdover option to November 20, 2016
For the Quartet roles, being an accomplished musician of the instrument noted is a requirement. Physical resemblance to the real musician is an asset.
- Jerry Lee Lewis – age 25-30, high energy, must be able to play piano and sing extremely well
- Elvis Presley – age 25-30, must be able to sing and play guitar extremely well
- Carl Perkins – age 25-30, must be able to sing and play guitar extremely well
- Johnny Cash – age 25-30, must be able to sing and play guitar extremely well
- Sam Phillips – age 30-40, record producer, deal maker, father figure, narrator, non-singing role
- Dyanne – age 25 – 30, must be able to sing extremely well, girlfriend of Elvis, self-confident
- Edmonton January 14 and 15th, 2016
- all those auditioning for the Quartet roles (Lewis, Presley, Perkins and Cash) should be prepared to perform a song made famous by the character they are auditioning for while playing their instrument
Deadline to submit is December 28.
Send resume and headshot to Peni Christopher, Citadel Theatre, [email protected]. Indicate the role in the body of the email and write “MDQ Edmonton” in the subject line. Only those selected for an audition will be contacted.