CALL FOR ACTOR SUBMISSIONS FOR GENERAL AUDITIONS (EDMONTON)
Catalyst Theatre’s Artistic Director Jonathan Christenson and Choreographer Laura Krewski are holding general auditions for upcoming Catalyst projects. We encourage submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
WHEN: Monday, January 11th & Tuesday, January 12th, 2016
- Individual Auditions: 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Group Movement Call: 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- CAEA members will be seen first (please bring your membership card to the audition).
HOW TO ARRANGE AN AUDITION:
Submission Deadline: Noon on Saturday, January 2nd, 2016.
- Submit resume and headshot by email to Lana Hughes: [email protected] indicating your interest in attending the general audition.
- No phone calls please.
- If you have previously worked on a Catalyst production, you will not need to arrange a general audition but we do invite you to affirm your interest in being considered for upcoming projects.
- We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an audition will be contacted.
- We are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your submission package.
WHERE: The Club, at The Citadel Theatre, 9828 101A Avenue, Edmonton
WHAT TO PREPARE: One monologue (classical or contemporary) and one song (any musical style) – each under two minutes.
- We will provide a pianist for accompaniment – please provide sheet music. While we strongly encourage you to use the accompanist we provide, there will also be an MP3/CD player available. Please do not plan to sing without any musical accompaniment.
- At the time of your audition you may also be asked to attend a group movement call (see above for times). Please wear footwear and clothing that will not limit your movement in any way.
- We are also interested in performers who play a musical instrument proficiently or who have high-level skills in contemporary and urban dance styles. If you possess skills in these areas, please come prepared to perform a sample of your work that is under one-minute.
ABOUT CATALYST THEATRE: For information about Catalyst Theatre, please visit catalysttheatre.ca.