Position has been filled. Thank you for your interest!
Alberta Opera Touring Association has an opening for part-time Administrative Assistant
Title: Administrative Assistant
Company: Alberta Opera Touring Association
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Deadline: Applications Accepted Immediately. The position will remain open until position is filled.
Alberta Opera Touring Association is celebrating its 32nd season of providing original musical theatre adaptations of fairy tales to young audiences. The Administrative Assistant would work with the Artistic Director and Tour Coordinator to support and maintain the daily operations of the company, specifically with regards to financial matters.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- maintaining financial records
- working with accounting software MoneyWorks CashBooks to keep an up-todate record of cash flow
- ensuring that bills are paid on time
- ensuring that payroll information is accurate and up-to-date
- answering phone calls and email correspondence
- assisting in organized and efficient filing
- occasionally filling-in for tour coordinator in tour coordinator’s absence
- supporting the Artistic Director in all company activities
- generating and providing materials for company grant applications
The ideal candidate has:
- Completed a post-secondary program in arts administration, or commensurate experience;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral);
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail;
- Strong financial management skills;
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, email, and comfortable using Apple software;
- Ability to contribute and work effectively as part of a small team;
- Strong time-management skills
Please email a cover letter and resume, including references, to:
Farren Timoteo, Artistic Director at [email protected]
We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Alberta Opera Touring Association is committed to employment equity.