Job Title: Casting Director
Employer: Six Degrees Music & Productions
Relevant Work Experience: 1 to 2 years in a related field
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree / College Diploma
Deadline to apply: January 1, 2016
Six Degrees Music and Productions is a Calgary based audio house dedicated to producing high quality music and sound for commercials, television and film. We are looking to fill a position for a full-time Casting Director, for both on-camera and voice-over work.
The ideal candidate must have exceptionally strong organizational skills, and a true passion for voice-over, theatre, advertising, music, radio, and film/television. The candidate must be a career minded individual with the ambition to market and grow the casting department. The role requires a team player with excellent communication skills, and the ability to work on a team, as well as autonomously. The candidate must possess the skills needed to multi-task a variety of projects and prioritize workflow. We are looking for someone to foster strong relationships with talent, agents, agencies and production companies. The candidate must be interested in using out-of-the-box methods to find new talent, as well as new casting opportunities. The candidate will direct auditions and organize open-casting calls. They must be comfortable communicating with talent in studio. This role is unique, as it requires someone with organizational abilities, as well as the ability to direct talent. Candidate must be willing to work occasional evenings / weekends. This role will often surpass the commitment of a 9-5 job.
Some of the responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
– Casting (casting breakdowns, audition assembly and auditioning talent)
– ACTRA management (includes all quoting, contracts, paperwork and payments)
– Session Scheduling (includes booking studio time as well as talent)
– Talent Coordination (coordinating talent, studio and session details)
– Talent Direction (Coordinate auditions, direct some auditions)
– Rate negotiation (includes ACTRA and non-ACTRA member)
– Talent Workshops – skill development sessions for local talent.
– Social Media – must maintain a social media presence through Twitter and a Casting blog
– Technically proficient
– ability to transfer files, maintain online databases, etc.
– Experienced in Excel (re: creating budget spreadsheets, ACTRA talent payment services)
– Project Management skills
– Ability to pay strong attention to detail
– Ability to deal with clients in a professional and flexible manner
– Strong organizational skills with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
– Familiarity with advertising and the TV/film Industry
– Ability to collaborate with others and strong communication skills
Interested applicants, please contact Andrea Wettstein at firstname.lastname@example.org