Glengarry Glen Ross by David Mamet
Performance Dates: April 6 – 16, 2016
Audition Dates: December 6, 2015: 7-10pm December 7, 2015: 7-10pm
Walterdale Playhouse (10322 83 Avenue)
Director: Curtis Knecht
Assistant Director: May Kharaghani
Stage Manager: Kathryn Evans
Glengarry Glen Ross is David Mamet’s Pulitzer-Prize winning play about desperate men in a real estate office. Using unethical and illegal acts to sell bad properties to unsuspecting buyers, the men compete to be top salesman or risk losing their jobs. Unfortunately, much of the play resonates today as it did in the early 80s. Desperation and the hunt for the mighty dollar keep this play relevant in the most uncomfortable ways. “How can I be secure? Through amassing wealth beyond measure? No. And what’s beyond all measure? That’s a sickness. That’s a trap. There is no measure. Only greed.”
*** Please note, character ages will be determined based on auditioners. Expect that Levene, Moss, and Aronow will be older than Williamson, Roma, Lingk and Baylen.
The auditions will comprise of the following:
• MONOLOGUE: Please prepare a COMIC monologue (approx 3 minutes). Memorization is ENCOURAGED, but not required. Auditions will be 10min. If you are unsure if your monologue is appropriate, please ask.
• CALL-BACKS: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 between 7:00 – 10:00 p.m. Not all auditionees will be called back, only those we need to see.
• Production will begin with a read-through in December and rehearsals will start in the first part of January. Rehearsals will increase closer to performance.
• Please bring any conflict dates you have to the audition.
• Walterdale is a volunteer/member organization. We cannot engage Equity performers.
To book an audition, please contact Curtis Knecht by e-mail at [email protected] (Drop-ins will be accommodated as time allows)