Reference Books, Play Suggestions, and Online Webinars for Community Presenters
THEATRE ALBERTA LIBRARY RESOURCES:
- The Community Theatre page gives recommended search terms for our online catalogue and lists dozens of scripts previously produced by community theatres in Alberta. View the page here.
- The Library catalogue’s multiseek function has space for a number of search terms for more productive search results.
- Theatre Alberta’s Community Theatre Handbook is available as a Reference copy, to borrow, or to purchase. View the MARC record here.
The Playwrights Guild of Canada occasionally posts suggested play lists for Community Theatres by popular Canadian playwrights. A few recent posts:
- May 31, 2016: Guillermo Verdecchia – Drama: Pilot Episode and Amigo’s Blue Guitar in Theatre Alberta Library.
- April 29, 2016: Jordi Mand – All except Late Company in the Theatre Alberta Library.
- February 29, 2016: Nicolas Billon – All except Matthew MacKenzie’s Bears in the Theatre Alberta Library.
- January 29, 2016: Hannah Moscovitch – All except d’bi.young’s bloodclaat in the Theatre Alberta Library.
- December 19, 2015: Jordan Tannahill– Very recent publications, not in the Theatre Alberta Library.
- November 30, 2015: Joan MacLeod – All five in the Library.
- October 30, 2015: Lucia Frangione – All five in the Library.
- September 28, 2015: Vern Thiessen – All five in the Library.
Ontario Presents and Atlantic Presenters Association are in the second year of their “Webinar Series for Arts Presenting,” which is available free-of-charge and is partially funded by the Department of Canadian Heritage.
- Past webinars, which include “Programming with Vision: Developing your Approach to Selecting Artists and Work to Present” and “Gettin’ it to the Stage,” are availble to view on their website and include the original slide presentation. To view, click here.
- For information and registration on upcoming webinars like “How Do I Find an Audience” and “Building the Cultural Army,” click here.