Ginger & Rosemary Theatre is a new Edmonton theatre collective seeking to cast a few roles for our April production of Three on a Seesaw by Luigi Lunari (translated by Giorgia Severini and Barrett Hileman).
In Three on a Seesaw, three men—a businessman, a professor, and an army captain—find themselves in the same room, each one there for a different reason, and end up trapped together overnight. As they face strange happenings over the course of the night, they are confronted with questions about life, mortality, the universe, and God. Three on a Seesaw was first produced in Milan in 1990, and has since been produced all over the world and translated into 23 languages.
We are holding auditions for the following roles:
- THE BUSINESSMAN: Male, over 35, a self-made man, arrogant but struggling with guilt, and anxious about his predicament.
- THE CAPTAIN: Male, over 35, a simple type more concerned with action than intellect, lives in the moment and keeps a positive attitude.
Audition Dates and Locations:
- October 22, 2015, 6:00 – 9:00 pm, BriarPatch Preschool (50 Brentwood Blvd, Sherwood Park, AB)
- October 23, 2015, 6:00 – 9:00 pm, BriarPatch Preschool (50 Brentwood Blvd, Sherwood Park, AB)
- October 24, 2015, 1:00 – 4:00 pm, Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Green Room (10037 84 Ave, Edmonton, AB)
Audition Format: Actors will be asked to read from sides, which will be provided in advance of the audition. Prepared pieces are not required. Please bring a resume and headshot to the audition. To book an audition, contact Giorgia at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also accommodate drop-ins. If you are interested in auditioning but unable to make these dates, please let us know and we will try to arrange an alternate time.
Show Dates: April 13 – 17, 2016 at Holy Trinity Anglican Church. There are six performances including two performances on Saturday, April 16 (matinee and evening show). (Thursday, April 14 is a dark day.)
Tech Rehearsals: April 9 – 12, 2016
Rehearsals: January – April, 2016. There will be at least three rehearsals a week taking place in evenings and weekends.
Compensation: A small honourarium will be provided.