Immediate Opening for Puppeteer
The Edmonton Epilepsy Association is recruiting actors to become puppeteers. Performing in elementary schools during the school year, you will be educating children about seizures to minimize discrimination and to increase knowledge about seizure first aid.
- Read all material and memorize the scripts
- Practise lines and puppet manipulation
- Become familiar with epilepsy
- Commit to performances of 1 hour performance and 20 minutes set-up
- Arrive at the school 20 minutes prior to performing to set up
- Liaise with scheduler to get your performance times, dates, etc.
- Be responsible for the care of the puppets and props
- Highly motivated
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to memorize scripts
- Desire to learn about epilepsy
- Good physical condition (puppets are 3 feet tall)
- Strong voice projection
- Enjoy children and teaching environment
All puppeteers receive an honorarium and reimbursement of travel expenses. All puppeteers will be screened with a police check and a personal interview.
Email: [email protected]