Thanks for your interest. This position has been filled.
Ticket Office Assistant
Vertigo Theatre seeks a dynamic individual for the position of Ticket Office Assistant. Reporting to the Ticket Office Manager, the Ticket Office Assistant is a key contributor to Box Office and Marketing Sales team.
Some responsibility’s and duties of the job consist of:
- Answer questions regarding programming taking place at Vertigo Theatre
- Process ticket orders and exchanges, as well as allocating seats
- Authorize credit/debit card payments
- Ensure tickets, float and ticket sales revenue are secure during shifts
- Report customer complaints to Ticket Office Manager
- Return messages in a timely fashion at the start of shift and throughout
- Provide a point of security for all persons entering and leaving the theatres and lobby through the main venue doors
- Assist with all mail campaigns
- Participate in all telemarketing campaigns
The successful candidate shall be people and action-oriented and consistently display energy and enthusiasm. Any previous experience with the Theatre Manager ticketing system is a asset but not needed to apply. Vertigo Theatre is a highly successful charitable society with an operating budget of $2.5M. Its mission is to be a leader in developing, producing and presenting plays based in the mystery genre, and plays for young audiences, while providing a performance home for other organizations. Its vision is to create exceptional entertainment experiences.
Vertigo Theatre is positioning itself for its next stage of artistic evolvement, making it a very exciting time for the organization. It currently occupies a unique place in Calgary’s cultural landscape as:
- One of the only professional companies in the world producing a series of plays based in the mystery genre (Vertigo Mystery Theatre)
- The only theatre in Calgary presenting a series of plays of national importance for children and teens during the regular theatre season (Y Stage)
- Providing a performance home for other arts and arts education organizations (Vertigo Theatre Centre).
This is a part-time seasonal position of approximately 12 hours per week. Shifts are Monday – Friday during the day, as well as opportunity for additional shifts on evenings and weekends. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume to Layne Fox, Ticket Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is October 16, 2015.