Payroll Accountant and Benefits Administrator
Work in the exciting, creative world of live theatre! The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a Payroll Accountant. This is a part time position with seasonal changes in working hours.
The payroll is complex with full-time, part-time and contract staff under varying agreements.
Benefits entitlements are governed by and vary with union contracts and employment agreements.
- Process bi-weekly and weekly payroll using Accpac
- Ensure processing of deductions, remittances and reporting requirements for deductions and benefits as required by legislation, collective agreements and company policies.
- Prepare payroll journal entries; prepare payroll reports; reconcile payroll source deductions for T4 purposes.
- Assist with other duties as requested by the Director of Finance.
- Minimum 2 years experience in payroll/benefits administration
- Related experience with a working knowledge of general accounting practices
- Proficient with ACCPAC, MS Office and Excel
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Reply via email to:
Associate Executive Director
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. The Citadel Theatre thanks all applicants in advance. No telephone calls please.