Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that proudly represents more than 1,000 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
- workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
- Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
- online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
- theatre news, publications, and advocacy
We require a highly motivated and creative Communications and Marketing Coordinator who will be responsible for leading the organization’s communications and promotional activities including, but not limited to:
- the development, execution, and evaluation of a communications plan, including a social media strategy
- marketing for Theatre Alberta’s various programs and services, and promotion of the organization in general
- the creation and publication of Theatre Buzz, a monthly enewsletter
- the creation and publication of The Playbill, an annual listing of Alberta’s theatre season
- management of website and online resource sharing services which includes audition, employment, and other related opportunities
- social media and blogging activities
- liaison with Theatre Alberta’s advertisers, graphic designers, printers, and other suppliers and supporters
- participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be knowledgeable and passionate about theatre, enjoy dealing with people, and able to work independently and as part of a team. Excellent computer/software skills with web and social media experience, as well as exceptional written communication skills, are required. Previous work in the not-for-profit sector, a post-secondary degree or diploma in theatre/drama, and familiarity with WordPress and/or html coding will be considered assets.
This is a full-time position with benefits located in Edmonton. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. Our office environment is pleasant and supportive with some degree of flexibility. Position to commence October 5, 2015. Salary range $33,000 – $35,000.
By September 8, 2015, please forward your resume with a letter highlighting your interest and qualifications to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.