Thanks for your interest. This position has been filled.
Job Title: Event Coordinator & Donor Relations
Status: Full Time
Reports To: Director of Fund Development
Posting Date: August 13, 2015
Deadline: Posting will be open until a suitable candidate has been found
The primary responsibilities of the Event Coordinator & Donor Relations at Edmonton Opera is to coordinate and manage events and to assist in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and providing stewardship to donors and prospects to increase their annual support to EO; particular emphasis will be on increasing the number of donors who give up to $10,000 annually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate and manage annual events such as Valentines Gala, Opera al Fresco, Opera 101, VIP Dress Rehearsal, Opera Pre-talks, Opera Brunch, Pre-performance and Intermission Receptions and Opening Night Post Receptions.
• Support solicitation and stewardship activities for all donations up to $10,000, including coordinating new donor packages, matching gifts, thank you calls, and other duties.
• Work with the Director of Fund Development to cultivate and solicit a portfolio of annual giving and campaign prospects and donors.
• Create and manage direct mail, renewal and acquisition programs, and collaborate with marketing department as needed.
• Work with Fund Development team to develop activities and events for member-level donors. Includes benefits administration.
• Manage vendor relationships.
• Coordinate and assign staff at events.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Annual Giving experience and Event Management required. Must have a thorough understanding and ability to use Window based Microsoft office programs. This position involves working with Tessitura. Knowledge of Tessitura is an asset however training will be provided and is expected. Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills are needed. Some evening and weekend work required.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS
Applicant must be able to work some evenings and weekends, acting as an EO representative at performances and managing the event requirements. Proven ability to work under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines and make effective decisions. Flexible schedule, self-motivated and team player. Appreciation for the performing arts is essential.
• Health benefits package pending upon completion of probationary period.
• Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances.
Please direct inquires and forward a cover letter, resume and references to:
Director of Fund Development
15230 128 Ave NW Edmonton, AB T5V 1A8
The Edmonton Opera thanks, in advance, all applicants. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.