Thanks for your interest. This position has been filled.
PART-TIME • ASSISTANT AUDIENCE SERVICES MANAGER
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4 p.m. Friday, August 21, 2015
Reports directly to the Audience Services Manager
(Seasonal) Approximately 10 – 20 Hours per week, Tuesday – Sunday, primarily evenings and weekends when shows/rentals are being presented.
About Vertigo Theatre
Vertigo Theatre has entertained audiences for over 38 years with high quality programming, evolving into a truly unique organization. We are located at the base of the Calgary Tower, which is home to our administration and ticket offices as well as our two performance venues. We program two series: The BD&P Mystery Theatre Series and the Y Stage Theatre Series (for young audiences). Vertigo Theatre is also home to a variety of arts organizations that rent our performance venues throughout the regular theatre season. Our diverse audience includes children and young families to urban professionals and seniors.
The Assistant Audience Services Manager’s primary responsibilities are to provide outstanding customer service and to ensure the comfort and safety of all audience members attending performances and public events taking place at Vertigo Theatre Centre. The Assistant Audience Services Manager is also responsible for the supervision and management of all Front of House Volunteers from scheduling through training and service acknowledgement.
Duties and responsibilities
• Assisting to train and schedule volunteer ushers/ticket takers
• Ensure patrons are comfortable at all times and are able to enjoy performances in an appropriate environment
• Liaise with stage management to resolve any issues that may arise between the audience and the performers or participants Carefully manage audience services volunteers and staff
• Assist in the set-up and dismantling of all pre-show, post-show and opening night receptions Ensure the safety of the workplace by adhering to all health, security and safety policies and procedures
• Adhere to all budget guidelines as determined by the Audience Services Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Volunteer coordination
• Customer service
• Conflict resolution and Supervisory skills.
• Basic First Aid and a Current Certification in CPR
• Microsoft Office, internet and email ability
• Event Coordination
• Personnel Management
How to Apply
For Full Job Description provide a cover letter and resume
• Online – email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
• No phone calls or emails please, those chosen for interviews will be contacted directly
$17.00 per hour