Arts Habitat Edmonton
Arts Habitat Edmonton is a non-profit company engaged in finding, managing and developing space for the arts. Our mission is to nurture, advocate for and build vibrant, healthy, and creative arts spaces.
Arts Habitat is seeking a Community Programmer who will play a key role in the management of current spaces, research initiatives and community needs. This is an opportunity to use your current skills and passion for the arts to engage with issues that affect the space needs of artists.
Reporting to the Executive Director the Community Programmer will:
• Research and develop programs and initiatives to address space needs and issues
• Oversee and develop our space needs database
• Program and manage McLuhan House
• Be a member of the Arts Habitat team assisting with the development of all Arts Habitat projects
• Provide support as required for Arts Habitat administration
• Some evening and weekend work may be required
• A passion for the arts and understanding of artist space needs is essential
• Minimum three years experience in arts administration or related experience
• Effective communicator with excellent writing skills and speaking ability
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Knowledge of and experience with the Edmonton arts community is an asset
This position is full time and permanent
$40,000 per annum
Please submit a cover letter and resume in a single pdf document by email to:
Linda Huffman, Executive Director, Arts Habitat Edmonton
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until Friday, August 21, 2015
For more information on Arts Habitat visit www.artshab.com
Arts Habitat thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Note: Arts Habitat’s office is currently located in a heritage building that is not wheelchair accessible.