Box Office Manager
Calgary’s Lunchbox Theatre, the longest running lunchtime theatre in the world, strives to continually expand and develop talent from the local arts community. Located at the base of the Calgary Tower in the heart of downtown, Lunchbox Theatre injects an hour of premium entertainment and delight into every audience at both lunchtime and evening performances.
To bring these productions to life, Lunchbox Theatre employs 6-8 permanent staff members, as well as the hundreds of artists and volunteers involved in each season.
The Box Office Manager is primarily responsible for the day-to-day and ongoing operations of the Box Office, including ensuring that the patron relationship is established and maintained at a high level of satisfaction. The Box Office Manager will work with the Audience Services Manager to coordinate the flow of information among patrons, volunteers, artists and staff to ensure ongoing smooth operations.
The Box Office Manager will work with and report to the Associate Artistic Producer while being accountable to the Artistic Producer.
As the first point of contact, the Box Office Manager is responsible for the overall patron experience. This includes, but is not limited to:
• coordination and sale of play passes, individual tickets and group bookings including school groups
• collecting patron data to be used for marketing and communications activities
• contacting, scheduling, training and supervising part time box office staff
• updating and maintaining the Box Office Handbook for the use of current and future personnel
• assisting with marketing and communications initiatives as deemed suitable and scheduling permits
The Box Office Manager is responsible for maintaining accurate data and providing timely reporting, utilizing Theatre Manager software. There is a high level of information to be processed regularly. This includes:
• building and providing accurate Box Office reports, in conjunction with the Accountant and Associate Artistic Producer
• maintaining Theatre Manager databases and effectively training staff on its use
• ensuring that all gathered information is inputted into Theatre Manager in a timely fashion
• analyzing patron data
• processing and receipting memberships and donations
• assisting with donor stewardship
• Works with staff and board committees as required
• Assists with special events
• Other duties as required
• Excellent people skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to self-motivate and work unsupervised
• Ability to handle cash and credit/debit card transactions
• Experience with Theatre Manager preferred
Lunchbox Theatre offers a positive, high-energy work environment, and has always been an equal-opportunity employer. This is an hourly contract position.
If you would like to join our team, please forward your resume, cover letter, and two references by email to:
Associate Artistic Producer
Lunchbox Theatre thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Application deadline: Friday, 14 August 2015
Tentative start date: Monday, 31 August 2015