Audition for ACT’s production of Amadeus
Artists’ Collective Theatre will be holding auditions for their upcoming production of Peter Shaffer’s Amadeus Wednesday July 22nd, 2015. The play gives a fictionalized account of the lives of two classical composers, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Antonio Salieri. The story is told by Mozart’s rival and colleague Salieri, who is now in an asylum. Salieri is first given the chance to meet Mozart and is thrilled at the opportunity. However, upon meeting him, Salieri is astonished by his boorish behaviour and becomes very jealous of his abilities. Throughout the rest of the play, Mozart’s growing potential motivates Salieri to pose as his friend in court, while secretly tarnishing his reputation with the Emperor of Austria and the rest of Vienna.
- Antonio Salieri: (30s – 50s) Composer to Court of Emperor Joseph r
- Constanze Weber: (20s) Mozart’s fiancé, whom he marries
- Joseph II: (Late 30s – 50s) Emperor of Austria
- Count Franz Orsini-Rosenberg: (Late 30s – 50s) Director of the Imperial Opera
- Baron Gottfried Van Swieten : (Late 30s – 50s) Prefect of the Imperial Library
- Count Johann Kilian Von Strack : (30s – 50s) Groom of the Imperial Chamber
- Katherina Cavalieri: (20s) Salieri’s pupil, who has affairs with Salieri and Mozart
- Venticelli: (20s) Two “purveyors of fact, rumor and gossip throughout the play.”
Those wishing to request an audition please send your headshot and resume to [email protected] with AMADEUS AUDITION – in the subject heading. Only those selected for an audition will be contacted. We are happy to see equity artists.
Audition Requirements: Please prepare one classical (dramatic or comedic) monologue no longer than 2 minutes. You may be asked for a cold read from the script.
Production times: March 24th to April 2nd 2016
Rehearsal times: Early to mid March