CALL FOR APPRENTICE ARTISTS
Downstage is inviting expressions of interest for a variety of apprentice positions for the World Premiere of “Benefit” by Matthew MacKenzie in Calgary, Alberta. These positions are intended to offer valuable professional experience to early-career artists and expose Downstage to new potential collaborators. We can offer a $500 honourarium as a thank-you and are willing to be flexible around other commitments artists may have during the contract period.
Downstage is committed to reflecting the full diversity of the City of Calgary both on and off stage. We encourage submissions from applicants from all cultural backgrounds as well as applicants who identify as having a disability, who are sexual or gender minorities, etc.
To apply, please email Tuled Giovanazzi at [email protected] with your resume, which area(s) of focus you are interested in and a brief statement regarding your interest and relevant experience. Expressions of interest should be received no later than Friday, July 24, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will notify you either way regarding our ability to offer you a position.
“Benefit” by Matthew MacKenzie
Directed by Simon Mallett
First Rehearsal: March 21, 2016
Run: April 13 – 30, 2016
Read more at www.downstage.ca/benefit.shtml
AREAS OF FOCUS:
– Includes attending weekly production meetings and technical rehearsals
– The ideal candidate may have a specific area of interest (set/props, costumes, lighting, sound) or may do some work in all areas
– Depending on the candidate’s availability, this may be an active role in rehearsal and production or an opportunity to shadow a professional stage manager and offer occasional support
– Includes participation in prep, rehearsals and technical rehearsals
Producing and/or production managing:
– Will work alongside our Interim Artistic Producer and/or Production Manager
– This position is particularly flexible based on the candidate’s experience and interests but could include assistance managing show budgets and schedules, marketing & publicity, front of house and work with community groups among other tasks