Box Office Clerk – Edmonton Opera
Summary: Edmonton Opera is looking for a Box Office Clerk. Reporting to the Box Office Manager and working in collaboration with all departments, this individual will be passionate about the performing arts in Edmonton and provide exceptional customer service to Edmonton Opera patrons, assisting in processing ticket purchases, subscriptions and event tickets. The Box Office Clerk also works as part of the EO team in coordination with the Tix on the Square staff. This is a full-time salaried position from Monday to Friday with occasional weekend and evening shifts required.
Workplace: The Edmonton Opera Box Office located at 9930 – 102 Street Edmonton AB in Tix on the Square.
Position reports to: Box Office Manager.
Key Responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Providing excellent customer service to all Edmonton Opera patrons and benefactors regarding ticketing issues.
• Work in coordination with Tix on the Square staff in joint projects, and day to day operations.
• Ongoing learning and utilization of Tessitura for ticketing as well as assisting other departments within the EOA and Tix on the Square as required
• Assisting in all box office activities such as sales, exchanges, general inquiries, and day to day operations, calls and dealing with issues that do not need to be escalated to the Box Office Manager
• Booking group ticket sales, education group sales and answering all phone calls or email inquiries regarding tickets and subscriptions.
• Participating in all Edmonton Opera productions and events as required by the Box Office Manager (Checklists, assist with printer set up, lap top set ups, will call table and float)
• Maintaining Daily Reconciliation Reports and Sales Reconciliation Forms onsite at Box Office
• Maintaining Merchandise Inventory Records and reporting to Box Office Manager
• Excellent customer service skills (both written and oral), and an ability to effectively communicate with patrons in a professional manner are important.
• This position requires a strong ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible in assignments.
• This position requires either demonstrated or a willingness to learn Tessitura ticketing software.
• This position will require working with various departments such as special events/donor events, so an ability to work well in team environment as well as independently is a must.
• A minimum of two years of directly related work experience is preferred.
• Health benefits package pending upon completion of probationary period.
• Working hours are expected to be forty (40) hours per week, Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend shifts for performances.
To apply for this position please email or fax your resume and any other pertinent information to:
ATTN: Joanne Madeley
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax to: 780-429-0600 ATTN: Joanne Madeley (please include a cover page)
For further information on this opportunity please contact Joanne Madeley, 780-429-1000
This position will remain open until filled. Only appropriate candidates will be contacted.
Edmonton Opera is an equal opportunity employer.