Gain valuable career experiences in a media relations and event services position and spend your summer working for the largest and longest running Fringe Festival in North America!
Join a fun and exciting not-for-profit organization and apply for a contract position with Fringe Theatre Adventures (FTA). FTA is seeking a highly organized individual to assist the Marketing and Fund Development Departments with social media, media relations, special events and additional and administrative duties during the 34th Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival August 13-23, 2015.
The successful candidates for this position will be individuals who are a collaborative team player, pursuing training in marketing, media, and/or fund development and is looking for a challenging opportunity to assist with the Marketing and Fund Development Departments of the largest Fringe Festival in North America.
Social Media Support
• Assist with the creation and updating the Social Media Content Monitor and troubleshoot comments, direct messages, and replies on the Social Media Platforms and the dissemination of this information Support the Social Media needs of various departments including the Development Department with the ATB Financial Community Gazebo.
On Site Media Support
• Assist with media and sponsor on-site activation
• Coordinating set up and access to the Media Lounge
• Assist with additional media relations & promotional needs
Other Marketing Duties
• Monitor press coverage and updating the Media Section of the website with articles featuring the Fringe Festival
• Assist with the preparation, set up and hosting of private receptions and events on site during the festival. This includes everything from physical preparation of the space to hosting guests.
Qualifications/Skills and Proficiencies:
• Education or experience in a related field such as Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, ect. would be an asset as would experience working in a Festival or Event setting
• Excellent written communication skills and skilled in utilizing MS Office, particularly Excel and Word
• Familiarity with Social Media Platforms; familiarity with arts and culture an asset
• An understanding of using key words and messaging in online communication
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• High degree of maturity and sense of responsibility
The Media & Event Team will work scheduled shifts and must be available to work the full 11 days of the Festival (August 13-23, 2015). Shifts range from 10am-11pm and applicants must be available to work day, evening and weekend shifts throughout the Festival.
Entry-Level Position with a salary of $12.00/hour.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2015
Interested applicants may apply by sending a detailed resume to:
Courtney Sidders, Marketing and Media Coordinator
Fringe Theatre Adventures 10330 84 Avenue Edmonton AB T6E 2G9
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this posting, however, only applicants considered for this position will be contacted for an interview.