Accounting Clerk Position
Love numbers and working with an exciting group of volunteers? Apply for this contract position and be part of our behind the scenes Finance Team during the 2015 Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival from August 13 – 23, 2015. We are looking for an Accounting Clerk to fill a contract position during the festival this summer.
The successful candidate for this position will be an individual who is a team player, pursuing training in business administration, accounting or finance and is looking for a challenging opportunity to assist the Accounting Manager with the financial and administrative operations during a fast paced festival!
• Prepare, verify and process artist payouts. This includes preparing accurate and detailed data spreadsheet of artist information.
• Prepare, verify and process weekly payroll.
• Perform reconciliation of various daily receipt batches.
• Provide analysis of accounts as requested by accounting manager.
• Assist Team volunteers during the festival.
Qualifications/Skills and Proficiencies:
• Understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Excellent data entry skills and ability to work with Quickbooks and Excel.
• Accuracy, detail oriented and strong organization skills required in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team made up mainly of volunteers.
• Current Police Information Check required for this position.
The Accounting clerk will work shifts before, during and after the 11 days of the Festival.
The Contract will commence August 10, 2015 and be completed August 28, 2015.
Expected shift times from August 10-12 and August 24-28 will be 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Shift times will during the Festival will be negotiated with the Accounting Manager and will vary between 9:00 AM and 1:00 AM.
Contract position – $2,000+ for the contract term.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2015
Interested applicants may apply by sending a detailed resume to:
John de Gooijer, Accounting Manager
Fringe Theatre Adventures 10330 84 Avenue Edmonton AB T6E 2G9
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this posting, however, only applicants considered for this position will be contacted for an interview.