The School of Creative Arts is recruiting for a dynamic individual to provide leadership and strategic direction to the Arts Facilities and its staff. As the Arts Facilities Manager you will be responsible for the effective and efficient financial management of a large annual operating budget in addition to managing the renovations and replacement budget. The Manager is responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of the personnel working in the Arts facilities.
You will oversee the day-to-day operation of the Arts Facilities this includes oversight of internal and external event coordination. You will be expected to handle multiple responsibilities, solve complex problems and provide leadership and direction to the operations team, ensuring consistency with the mission, vision and values of the College. Reporting to the Dean, you will work collaboratively to continue the growth of the Arts Facilities and ensure its effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree Arts & Culture Management, Business Management, or an arts related discipline.
- Equivalent education and experience may also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years’ managerial experience with proven experience in the area of people and facility management.
- Demonstrated experience managing large operating budgets.
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage stressful situations and to resolve conflicts as they arise.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and bring projects to completion despite conflicting deadlines.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Previous post-secondary experience would be an asset.
- The ideal candidate must have demonstrated initiative and the ability to work without supervision.
- Knowledge of the Theatre Industry and Operations would be an asset.
Hours: Will vary
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Position Start Date: 07-02-2015
Position End Date: 06-30-2016
Position Type: Term Certain Full Time
*The hiring committee will begin reviewing applications on June 9, 2015*
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit https://employment.rdc.ab.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp and click on “non-instructional”.