Job: General Manager, GeriActors Theatre Ltd.
Part-Time / 20 Hours per week (flexible)
Deadline: Sunday June 21, 2015
GeriActors is seeking a highly motivated, organized General Manager who has an interest in seniors and the arts.
Working with the Artistic Director, the General Manager will oversee the daily, long-term, and outreach operations of the company. Responsibilities will be in the areas of outreach, tour management, publicity and marketing, fund development, and general office administration.
This position requires a good sense of time and task management and experience in the not-for-profit sector. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, proactive, organized, can prioritize tasks and work unsupervised.
• Scheduling and Tour Coordination
• Accounting and Budget Management
• Providing information to and liaising with other organizations
• Website development and maintenance
• Publicity and Marketing
• Archiving and Filing
• Managing not-for-profit status
• Initiating grant applications, sponsorship, and fundraising opportunities
• Experience in office administration, working for an arts organization and/or in the not-for-profit sector
• Experience in grant-writing and fund development an asset
• Experience in accounting and budget management an asset
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Publisher, etc.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
• Ability to work independently and self manage
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
Salary: Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Training for this position will take place in July on a part-time, flexible basis. The position will increase to 20 hrs/week in August.
GeriActors is an intergenerational theatre organization now in its fourteenth season. Their acting company, the GeriActors & Friends (G&F), consists of 15 seniors and students/alumni and produces original theatre based on reminiscence and issues of concern. G&F gives 10 to 15 public performances per year. GeriActors also has an extensive outreach program taking theatre activities to seniors in the community.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references by midnight on June 21, 2015 to the Artistic Director via email to email@example.com. Those selected for an interview will be contacted. For more information on GeriActors please visit www.geriactors.ualberta.ca.