Theatre Alberta’s Librarians have been hard at work updating our online Library services to help our patrons find what they’re looking for more easily. We recently upgraded our online catalogue, and some new features are now available. Scroll down for more information.
Updated info on the website:
- Pathfinders (Updated as of March 2015.) Our pathfinders are “how-to guides” intended to help you find resources on a particular subject. They include helpful search tips and may also include specific titles and links to selected web sites.
- Indexes (Updated as of March 2015.) Theatre Alberta’s Library Indexes list and describe the play titles available in our library. You can find nearly our entire collection in these categorized PDFs.
- Online catalogue > Links (top right hand corner of the page):
- Links to Canadian and US publishers
- Canadian copyright information
- US copyright information
New in the Online Catalogue:
Main page has changed:
- Top Ten Popular Items, Authors, and Subjects can be found at the bottom of the page. The online catalogue automatically updates these titles based on circulation.
- New Items – the latest titles added to our collection. Remember you can still find everything we have added in the past year in the New Acquisitions Index as well as from the past 6 months by clicking the New Items tab at the top of the online catalogue page.
- Book Cover icons – we’re slowly working on bringing book covers into the library catalogue!
Each title now has a small status icon attached to it:
- R (reserved, there is a line up for this item)
Loan type graphics:
The loan type graphics will help you locate the material you’re looking for. Here are some of the most important ones:
- A single open book = A single play
- A stack of books = A collection of plays
- A yellow star = A Collection Item which is only available if you borrow the collection this title is in. The line just below the Title will give you the title of the collection to reserve
Our Librarians are available to assist you if you have any questions about our updated online services. Call us at 780-422-8162 or 1-888-422-8160 (toll free in Alberta) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.