The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for a Directing Intern.
The contract would run from May 14th to July 13th, 2015 in Drumheller, Alberta.
Rehearsals are Thursday – Sunday. The Directing Intern may not be required for all rehearsals.
Dress Rehearsal is Thursday July 9th, 2015
Performances are Friday – Sunday from July 10th to July 26th, 2015.
The Directing Intern will function as an administrative and creative assistant to The Directing Team through the planning and rehearsal process. S/he will have impeccable organizational and research skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities and directing styles. The duties of the Directing Intern will vary depending on the needs of the Directing Team and the skills, abilities and experience of the applicant.
This is a great opportunity for emerging directors to work on a unique, large-scale, outdoor production.
This is an evolving position. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Production and script dramaturgy.
• Taking and distributing meeting minutes and scheduling.
• Creative input.
• Assisting one or more of the directors as they direct a scene.
• Compiling and distributing director notes.
• Assisting with lines/blocking for absent actors in rehearsal. Communicating with the stage management team as necessary.
• Any other function that helps in the creation and fulfillment of the Directing Teams artistic vision of the play.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact Denise Lines at firstname.lastname@example.org or 587-215-2565.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 22nd season, the company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. An epic story told on an epic scale, this year’s production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John by a mixed professional/volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.