The Vancouver Writers Fest is one of North America’s premier literary events. Each year, the society presents an annual six-day Festival in late October (including the Spreading the Word education program), the Incite reading series in the spring, plus other literary and fundraising events. Writers Fest activities attract more than 20,000 readers of all ages annually.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the financial and administrative operations of the Vancouver Writers Fest (VWF). This is a co-leadership position with the Artistic Director and the incumbents share responsibility for the overall success of the VWF and fulfilling its mission and vision. We are seeking an individual with a passion for the arts and the written word, strong interpersonal skills and a demonstrated track record in team management, communication, financial management, fundraising, planning and administration and grant writing.
- participating in and supporting the Board’s ongoing development of policy and strategic direction;
- developing, managing and controlling the VWF operating budget;
- playing an active role in VWF fundraising initiatives;
- overseeing human resources including the functions of: marketing, media relations, fundraising, box office, volunteer management, and hospitality;
- overseeing VWF infrastructure and administrative and production needs;
- public sector grant writing;
- representing the VWF with outside organizations including government, other arts organizations and agencies.
Anticipated start date early June 2015.
The VWF offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits.
Please submit a cover letter and resume (in a single PDF or Word file) in confidence by email to email@example.com. Application deadline: April 17, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for interview will be contacted.