Deadline to submit: March 29, 2015
Email applications to: email@example.com
Indicate the role and city of choice in the body of the email and write “The Light in the Piazza” in the subject line.
CHARACTER BREAKDOWN (5 women, 6 men)*DETAILED CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS CAN BE FOUND AT https://www.theatrecalgary.com/contact/auditions_employment/
ALL PERFORMERS MUST BE VERY COMFORTABLE WITH SINGING IN A LEGITIMATE MUSICAL THEATRE STYLE. STRONG MUSICIANSHIP AND THE ABILITY TO READ MUSIC IS A MUST.
- MARGARET JOHNSON: Mature Soprano with strong middle voice. Range low A to high A.
- CLARA JOHNSON: Soprano with strong voice in both ends of range. Low A to high A.
- FABRIZIO NACCARELLI: Lyrical Tenor. Low B flat to high B. Speaks Italian, and speaks/sings English with Italian accent.
- GIUSEPPE NACCARELLI: Must move well. B flat to high A flat.
- FRANCA NACCARELLI: Darker Soprano or Mezzo Soprano with strong head voice/access to whistle tones. Low B flat to high F.
- SIGNOR NACCARELLI: Low A to high A flat.
- SIGNORA NACCARELLI: Soprano with strong low range or Mezzo with strong high notes. Low C sharp to high C.
- ROY JOHNSON: Baritone – up to an F#
- PRIEST: Limited singing, G to high A flat.
- TOUR GUIDE/FEMALE ENSEMBLE: Female A to high A.
- MALE ENSEMBLE: A to high B flat.
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
Theatre Calgary encourages submissions from artists of all ethno-cultural backgrounds.