Auditions for: Fort Steele Summer Theatre 2015
Fort Steele is holding auditions for a summer performance contract on March 23rd in Calgary, AB.
(Auditions will also be held in Fort Steele, BC on an alternate date)
-Performers cast will be cast in a mainstage musical to be presented in the theatre, as well as street theatre scenes presented around the town to run throughout the summer season.
– Contract begins on or around May 24th 2015 and ends September 6th, 2015.
– Accommodation is provided for out of town performers.
-This is a paid contract.
Audition Requirements and Information:
– Auditions will be held on March 23rd, 2015 between 7:00pm-10:00pm, location TBD.
– Actors will be given 10 minute time-slots. If you have a preferred time, please include it in your submission.
– Please provide a current resume and headshot at time of audition.
– Performers are asked to prepare a short monologue and may also be asked to do a cold read. Please also prepare one song that shows your vocal range.
– Candidates will be taught a short bit of choreography during the audition so please come dressed in something you can easily move in.
– Accompaniment will not be provided so please bring a sound recording to sing to. (I-pod docking station will be available, if you require another form of music player please provide it yourself)
Those wishing to audition are asked to email Truus Verkley at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a headshot, resume and preferred audition time. If you are not able to attend the auditions but would still like to be considered for the 2015 season please email the above address for video submission details.
About Fort Steele:
Located 15 minutes from Cranbrook and Kimberley, BC, Fort Steele is a living history museum. We bring our past back to life! Our summer season brings history to life with street theatre, museum displays, livestock demonstrations, live theatre shows, steam train rides, horse-drawn wagon rides, and heritage trades demonstrations.
Please visit www.fortsteele.ca for more information on the town.