SkirtsAfire herArts Festival!
March 5 – 8, 2015 on 118th Ave
SkirtsAfire, HerArts Festival is a multidisciplinary arts festival showcasing the work of female artists in Edmonton. SkirtsAfire takes place March 5 – 8 in the heart of Alberta Avenue, an area that is reinventing itself as an Arts district in Edmonton. SkirtsAfire empowers, celebrates, develops, supports and showcases women in theatre and other art forms. Audiences and artists come together to present powerful and insightful stories to a diverse audience.
SkirtsAfire Cabaret Space & the Black Box Theatre (in the Alberta Avenue Community League) 9210 – 118Ave
Nina Haggerty Gallery 9225 – 118Ave
The Carrot Community Arts Coffeehouse 9351 – 118Ave
Bedouin Beats 11805 – 94Street
- The Mothers by Nicole Moeller – a world premiere performance
- Opening Ceremonies – Sponsored by Duncan Craig LLP
- A-Line Variety Show, hosted by Bridget Ryan and featuring some of Edmonton’s hottest acts!
- Asani – Hear me Road: Empowering your Inner Song Workshop
- Words Unzipped – a spoken word and dance performance piece fusion!
- Lauren Mann and the Fairly Odd Folk – CBC Searchlight Emerging Artist winners, with opening Fringe Hit Ask Aggie
- Yoga in the Art
- A Place for Prose – a literary salon
- The Key of She – Female Singer songwriters! Saturday w/ Danielle Deighton, Vicky Berg, and Cayley Thomas. And Sunday w/ Mhairi Berg, Sierra Jamerson, and Ella Coyes
- Catch some dinner and listen to our Key of She Singer Songwriters at Sloppy Hoggs Roed Hus
- Art Unhemmed Gallery and Viewing
- Staged Readings of The Story of Gayle by Michele Vance Heir and The Accident by Holly Turner
- The Switches – Girl Punk Rock w/ openers Poiema Production’s A Princess Cabaret
- For When She Wakes – Family!
- Art Skirt Design installation
- Belly Dancing Workshop
- Peep Show – sneak peeks at new plays, presented in association with Alberta Playwrights’ Network
- Equity in Theatre Panel Discussion!
For more detailed information on Festival events, please visit www.skirtsafire.wordpress.com