Downstage is a Calgary-based company dedicated to producing Canadian theatre that creates conversation around social issues. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with experience in arts administration to fill the part-time position of Interim Artistic Producer from August 3, 2015 to May 13, 2016, with paid training in June, 2015. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the Artistic Director and Production Manager.
Marketing & publicity
– assemble media packages
– maintain an active and engaging social media presence
– write and schedule e-newsletters
– gather program materials including artist bios and put together a program draft
– coordinate front of house displays for each production
– coordinate small special events as needed
– support the Audience Outreach board committee to form and maintain relationships with community groups
– execute a provided strategy and track progress towards the fundraising goal
– write grant proposals and complete reporting with the support of the Artistic Director
– oversee the individual donor cycle including prospect identification, solicitation, timely delivery of thanks, tax receipts and donor benefits, etc.
– support special events hosted by our Fund Development board committee
– coordinate staff and/or volunteers to run box office and usher as needed
– coordinate group bookings
– Familiar and experienced with theatrical processes, including writing funding proposals
– Excellent writing and proofreading skills with a high attention to detail
– Strong communicator, whether speaking in front of a group or liaising with stakeholders
– Strong organizational skills and time management
– Able to work both independently and in close collaboration on tasks
– Able to problem-solve calmly and effectively, including when under pressure
– Comfortable with a variety of computer programs including MS-Office or iWork
– Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
– Experience working with volunteer boards
– Experience with the Tessitura database, MailChimp and/or Photoshop are assets
HOURS & REMUNERATION
The position is for up to 820 hours plus up to 30 hours of training, billable at $16/hour. It is expected that work will average 20 hours/week throughout the contract period, with occasional attendance or support at events on evenings and weekends.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence via email to Artistic Producer Ellen Close at [email protected] by Friday, March 6, 2015. We will acknowledge receipt of your application and will contact all applicants as interviews are scheduled and decisions made. Thank you for your interest!