(Full-Time, Permanent Position)
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
• Technical Theatre Diploma from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of qualifications acceptable by the employer.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in the area of Technical Theatre.
• All theatre technical skill sets will be considered.
• A good understanding and knowledge of theatre operations, community theatre, facility rentals and safety procedures essential to a well-managed theatre are a must.
• A good sense of humor and the ability to work with a variety of clients in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
• Standard First Aid and a valid class 5 driver’s license are required.
• Strength and comfort with stage lighting/programming or carpentry is definitely an asset.
• Additional training/certification would be considered as definite assets (Pyrotechnic/firearm Certification, etc.).
Department: Theatre & Arts
The Theatre Technician, under the direction of the Production Managers will work in all aspects of theatre production and technical services. The candidate will be required to work as a team member in the operation, set-up and strike of Theatre and Arts Centre performance venues including but not limited to a 594 seat proscenium, 192 seat proscenium, black box studio space and other locations throughout the College. The hours of work are based on a 35 hour work week with overtime and shift work required.
$56,226.52 per annum, plus an attractive benefits package. This position qualifies for the Regional Living Allowance of $1040.00 per month (subject to review).
Please submit your current resume through our website at https://careers.keyano.ca/ by March 6, 2015.
Please note that we will not respond to inquiries about whether your application was received as you will have received an email confirmation at the time you applied. For any other recruitment-related questions, please call the Keyano College Recruitment Hotline at 780-791-8992 and leave a detailed message, Thank You.
Keyano College welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and persons with disabilities. Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada and willing to undergo a background check in our pre-employment recruitment process.