L’UniThéâtre is Alberta’s only French language professional theatre. Located in Edmonton, L’UniThéâtre is a non-for-profit charitable organization producing and presenting programming in their venue located in La Cité Francophone. L’UniThéâtre boasts a flexible 200 seat venue along with a small intimate studio.
L’UniThéâtre is currently accepting applications for the position of Technical Director. This person shall be responsible for all aspects of production at L’UniThéâtre’s venues.
Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Liaison with Directors, Stage managers, Designers and with every person involved in production, including teams that are touring.
- Managing and ensuring good operating and safety of workshop
- Develop technical concepts, equipment needs, staff requirements and schedules for the builds of the individual shows.
- Hire and supervise production staff in all related areas; provide direction, training and support.
- Evaluate practicality of concepts, solve technical and artistic problems, prepare estimates and monitor spending within the assigned budgets, as well as capital expenditures.
- Source and procure tools, equipment and materials focusing on financial and operational efficiency.
- Supervision on load ins and load outs for L’UniThéâtre and various rentals.
- Ensures a safe working environment for the crew and artists on stage and backstage.
- Keep direct contact with all facility users in order to determine their needs and plan accordingly.
The successful applicant will have proven knowledge of production techniques and staging principles and the use of relevant computer programs (usual MS Office applications), including CAD. A minimum of three years experience as a Technical Director or related experience is required. We are seeking a dynamic individual with superior management skills. The successful candidate will have experience in managing staff. He/she will have excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain a positive attitude in stressful situations.
A valid Alberta driver’s license is essential.
Start date: TBA. Salary commensurate with experience.
Direct enquiries to:
C/O Brian Dooley
#126, 8627 – 91 Street
Edmonton, AB T6C 3N1