Opportunity: Assistant Stage Manager, Theatre Transit
Theatre Transit is seeking an Assistant Stage Manager for Matt and Ben by Mindy Kaling and Brenda Withers.
Location of Production: Motel Theatre at Arts Commons: 205 8 Avenue SE, Calgary, AB
Location of Rehearsals: TBD
Contact: Megan Letourneau, Production Manager/Stage Manager
Deadline: Friday March 6, 2015
The Assistant Stage Manager is responsible for technical support during the entire rehearsal and performance process. This is a great opportunity for emerging artists to gain hands on experience. Theatre Transit is prepared to offer a small honorarium for the position. Rehearsals will start on April 12th, running Tuesdays (evening), Thursdays (evening), and Sundays (afternoon). Performances will run May 27th to June 6th.
Duties of the ASM include:
· Attendance at all Rehearsals, Tech calls, and Performances as outlined by the Stage Manager in the Production Schedule.
· Creation and distribution of all actor line notes
· Set up and tear-down of rehearsal set, props, costumes, etc.
· Assistance with Load-In and Strike
· Running technical elements during all tech rehearsals and performances
· Other duties as required by the production team and Stage Manager
Superior communication and organizational skills.
1-2 years theatre experience (technical experience is an asset)
Ability to work under pressure, with excellent attention to detail
Great sense of humour, and the ability to work in a collaborative environment
Interested applicants should contact Megan Letourneau at firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume no later than Friday March 6, 2015.