Job Posting: Executive Director, Nuit Blanche Edmonton
Nuit Blanche Edmonton is a biennial, all-night contemporary art event that will be produced for the first time in September 2015. Featuring international, national and local artists, the event will provide a new platform for contemporary art in our city and will enable Edmontonians to connect through art in a thoughtful, engaging, and playful way. The Nuit Blanche event experience will be one that is open and inviting; interactive and exciting. It will meet the highest standard for event production and management. It will use the city as its canvas and make Edmontonians look at their surroundings—both familiar and undiscovered— in a new way.
Nuit Blanche Edmonton seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual to serve as the organization’s Executive Director; to help shape, build and create the magical experience that is Nuit Blanche.
The Executive Director is responsible for the provision of overall management and leadership of the Nuit Blanche Society in a manner that is consistent with the mission and goals of the organization, and the direction of the Board of Directors. Reporting directly to the Board of Directors via the Chair or Chair’s representative, the Executive Director’s responsibilities are to:
1. manage and oversee the operations, general management, and financial administration of the organization;
2. manage and oversee the execution of the company’s artistic vision and mandate;
3. oversee and coordinate the delivery of all Nuit Blanche Edmonton Society programs and activities; and
4. provide advocacy/lobbying on behalf of the society in the Edmonton Region and beyond.
Minimum of 5-7 years of progressive management experience in a not-for-profit sector organization.
A Post-Secondary Degree in related field, such as business, arts & culture, or recreation is preferred. A College diploma in related field, such as theatre management, business, arts and culture, or recreation, will be considered with minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in management positions. A Master’s Degree and/or course work in the visual arts and professional event management training would be considered assets.
Applicants must have valid driver’s license Class 5. The successful applicant must have a valid First Aid Certificate upon start date.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, E-mail, Internet and PC operation.
Term of Contract
Up to 12 months, with the possibility of extension or renewal.
How to Apply
1. Please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and contact information for 3 references attached as a PDF or Word document by February 9 at 5 p.m. (MST) by email only: HR@nuitblancheedmonton.ca
2. Please note “Executive Director” in the subject line of your email.
3. Please note in your cover letter where you saw this job posting.
4. Interested applicants are highly encouraged to review the complete Job Position Profile (PDF).
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Email inquiries only, please. All applications are considered confidential. Nuit Blanche Edmonton is an equal opportunity employer.
Nuit Blanche Edmonton is a registered not-for-profit society and is produced by a volunteer Board of Directors and Strategic Advisory Committee.