EDMONTON AUDITION CALL
for Edmonton-based actors only
Alice Through the Looking-Glass
Directed by Jillian Keiley
Rehearsal starts: February 2, 2016
1st Preview: February 27. 2016
Opens: March 3, 2016
Closes: March 20, 2016
Director’s Note: Alice is an ensemble piece, and there is flexibility for many of the roles for gender and age. The one thing that is necessary for the show is that people have the stamina to be on stage and running for 2 hours flat out. Patience is a virtue. A child’s heart is essential.
Audition Format: group auditions of up to 12 actors at one time. The audition will last about 50 minutes and may encompass improvisation, singing, physical movement, dance, and storytelling. Auditionees should wear comfortable movement clothing and footwear and bring water
- Alice: Female, under 30.
- Red Queen: Female – Older than Alice
- White Queen: Female – Older than Alice – some physical strength and agility
- White King: Male
- Tweedledum and Tweedledee: Male, Jerks
- Humpty Dumpty: Male
- Lion and Unicorn: These guys have a major fight, so physical strength, agility, dancers are good for this or very physically fit.
- White Knight: Male. Physically apt. Has to sing a big song. Doesn’t have to be a great singer, but able to get his way through the song.
- Alice Double: Female – looks like Alice somehow
- Red Knight: Male. Physically apt
- Gnat: Female, not afraid of heights
AUDITION DATE: March 21. Deadline to submit February 15, 2015.
If you would like to be considered for an audition in Edmonton, send resume and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org. Write “Alice Edmonton” in the subject line. Please do not submit your interest unless you can audition in Edmonton.