The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is currently accepting applications for the Carp Assistant for the summer of 2015. The contract would run from May 5th to Aug 1st, 2015.
Part of the Set/Props Build team which consists of: Head Set/Props Build Team, Carps Assistant, Props Assistant, Armoury Supervisor/Props Assistant and Production Volunteers.
Carps Assistant – Duties include but not limited to:
• Build set/props pieces, including some standard elements, flats, platforms and columns, as well as pieces of the stage and associated projects.
• Thorough knowledge of structural and mechanical construction for the stage and film industries, and general construction, plus materials and techniques in scenic fabrication, including woodworking, welding, rigging, painting and some landscaping.
• Maintain functionality and cleanliness within the workshop, about site and on set.
• Keep the site safe and clean, while helping improve the areas that weather and time may damage.
• They must be aware of the requirements of the health and safety legislation and procedures relevant to their role and be responsible for expressing any safety concerns that are observed and assisting to rectify them.
• Other duties as necessary for production under the direction of the Head of set/props, the Production Manager or the Production Director.
• Responsible for the operation and movement of Stage, Set, props and FX pieces during the run of the show.
• Pre-setting, show setting and striking of Stage, Set, props and FX pieces during the run of the show.
• ‘On the Fly’ repairs and assistance for problems pertaining to Stage, Set, props and FX pieces during the run of the show.
• Rigging and operation of Stage, Set and FX pieces, plus (once trained) Human load rigging during the run of the show.
• Responsible for assisting in end of season strike and winter storage.
Additional Skills: Scenic Painting, Rigging, Welding, Metal Work, etc. will be considered an asset.
The Carps Assistant is part of the Set/Props Build Team. Directed by the Head of Set/Props Build Team for day to day functions and labour. The role may involve significant manual labour and can be physically demanding.
The Canadian Badlands Passion Play is one of Canada’s largest outdoor theatrical events. Now in its 22st season. The company annually depicts the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ in dramatic form. It is an epic story told on an epic scale, this year’s production features a creative retelling of the Gospel of John. The script is performed by a mixed professional & volunteer cast of approximately 200 actors in a 2700-seat outdoor amphitheatre.
Interested applicants are encouraged to email a resume and cover letter no later than Feb 6th, 2015
Please Attention to: Adrian Young, Productions Director, firstname.lastname@example.org