DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 15!
Summer Theatre School Teacher
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking teachers and teaching assistants for our Summer Theatre School Programming. We are looking for experienced drama teachers to instruct children ages 6-18 in our summer classes. Instructors will be responsible for teaching areas of drama and theatre such as improvisation, audition techniques, storytelling, voice and choreography among other skills. Instructors will direct the actors in a final production every two weeks after leading them through the rehearsal process. Instructors will work closely with the teaching assistants and report directly to the Program Coordinator.
FULL SUMMER CONTRACT
July 6 to August 14
Session 1 – July 6 to 17
Session 2 – July 20 to 31
Session 3 – Aug 4 to 14
Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
*note that all summer employees will be required to supervise pre and post care duties on a rotating basis over the duration of each session.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Drama and/or Education or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum two years teaching or directing experience
• Strong instructional and classroom management skills
• High level of personal organization and planning
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Must work well in a team setting
• Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset
• Basic first aid is an asset
• Must be willing to submit to a criminal background check
Deadline to apply:
February 28, 2015 EXTENDED TO MARCH 15!
To apply, please visit http://www.storybooktheatre.org/#!job-postings/c139q