Front of House Manager (FOH) for Central Alberta Theatre
Developing and implementing an effective volunteer program in cooperation with the Production and Volunteer Manager is vital to the smooth operation of the Memorial Centre. This position encompasses bar/concession management, event set up and preparation, and coordinating the volunteer base to ensure coverage of positions during scheduled events such as performances, ceremonies, productions and other bookings.
This position reports directly to the Board of Directors but will be required to work closely with both the Technical Manager and the Production and Volunteer Manager. The candidate will have extensive interaction with the public, promoters and must be familiar with the challenges and rewards that come with a volunteer based organization.
1. Grade Twelve Diploma with preference given to candidates with post-secondary education.
2. Pro serve certification.
3. First Aid training and CPR.
4. Minimum of two years’ experience in a volunteer based environment where you were required to supervise and manage the volunteers. Those with Theatre experience will be given preference.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a proven team player and the ability to supervise effectively.
6. Strong organizational and management skills.
7. Willing and able to work evenings, weekends, daytime and split shifts.
8. Requires sustained physical activity e.g. lifting up to 40lb. (canisters and water bottles), lobby set up/clean up and remaining on feet for long periods of time.
9. Ability to handle fast paced environment with many interruptions.
10. Must be able to problem solve effectively.
11. Must have a reliable vehicle and a valid AB Driver’s license.
To obtain a detailed job description or to apply, please contact: Craig Scott, VP of Central Alberta Theatre at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: January 31st.