“A New Perspective on Stage Combat” with Siobhan Richardson
January 16th, 6-10pm
Siobhan Richardson is a certified fight instructor with Fight Directors Canada. She and her partner Matt Richardson run a company together in Toronto – Burning Mountain. Their teaching style is characterized by the drawing of parallels to the actor’s process and connecting fight technique to process and performance. Through all her projects, Siobhan seeks to further develop rehearsal and performance practices of stage combat, ideally improving the use of stage fighting in the theatre community as a storytelling device and helping actors perform fights confidently and with character.
Visit her website for more information at http://www.siobhanrichardson.com/stagecombat/
“A New Perspective on Stage Combat”:
An introduction to Siobhan’s style of movement, this workshop aims to familiarize students with their “weapons” – their own bodies – and teach them how to efficiently use their structure in combat. We will not be working with weapons at this time, however these principals of movement are fundamental and are easily applied to weapon work.
– January 16, 6-10pm at Scona High School in Edmonton.
– The cost is $50/person for 4 hours. Equity members receive a 10% discount.
– The workshop is geared toward Beginners + Basics, but Intermediate and Advanced students are welcome as well.
– If you are interested in coming to watch but not participate in the workshop, there is audit fee of $15.
– In addition to this workshop, we are also offering a weekend (Saturday/Sunday) workshop, “Sex + Violence”. More information here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1640731372821135/
Please contact Sarah Bryn Mallandaine by facebook message or at email@example.com to register no later than January 16 at 4pm. Thank you!