The Writers Guild of Alberta is looking for an individual with strong communication and organizational skills for the position of Communications and Partnerships Coordinator in the WGA Edmonton office.
This individual will be responsible for the coordination and production of publications (WestWord) and membership communications, including, but not limited to:
- Market and competitions listings research, proofreading, liaison with editor, designers, printer, and distributor,
- Creating and distributing weekly e-newsletter, WriteClick,
- Advertising coordinator for newsmagazine and electronic newsletter,
- Website and social media,
- Maintenance of media and contact lists,
- Other projects as needed.
Responsible for administrative tasks related to WGA partnerships, sponsor relations, and program/project assistance as directed by the Executive Director.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Computer, Social media
- Strategic planning (meeting short-term commitments while remaining focused on a larger, long-term vision)
- Good teamwork skills essential
- Knowledge of the literary community a strong asset
- Familiarity with budgeting and office practices
This is a full-time position at 35 hours/week.
Competitive non-profit salary with benefits after three months.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and three references by Thursday, January 8, 2015 to:
Writers Guild of Alberta
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6
[email protected] Subject line: Employment application